Peace….it’s easy to talk about…but much more difficult to find, isn’t it?
If you are anything like me, turning on the TV, clicking on social media, or even talking to a friend can make you realize there is a lot going on in the world today that is not peaceful.
But if you know God, you know peace..right?
I am thankful that I’ve never struggled with anxiety or deep worry. But, like everyone else, even believers, I do have problems with worry.
Just this week I’ve struggled with worry. About a million times.
But what Everyday Peace helped me learn is what the Bible says about worry and anxiety, and the promises I have from God there about peace. And how I need to respond to the truths of what the Bible says about where I find my peace.
I had the honor of participating in the Everyday Peace study with a group of women, led by Katie this summer. It’s truly an amazing study, and it has helped me immensely. Katie used her time and her talents to help us ladies grow as Digital Disciples. And now, because of the fruit of her investment in me, I would like to offer you the opportunity to study Everyday Peace with me in a Facebook group this fall!
Everyday Peace—an easy-to-use, four-week study—will help you better understand how allow the peace of Christ rule your heart instead of anxiety, discontent, and relational dissension. In as few as 15 minutes a day, you will gain a new understanding of the powerful truths in Philippians 4:1-13 and learn how to study the Bible on your own along the way. Learn more at http://katieorr.me/peace/.
- The study starts on Monday, September 12th and goes until October 7th.
- It lasts for 4 weeks.
- Each week has 5 days of reading and studying the Bible.
- Each day will take about 15 minutes. Katie has graciously set it up to show you what to focus on on days that you’re in a time crunch (because….life is like that some days) and also given extra study tips, topics or Scriptures for days that you have extra time or interest.
- The book, Everyday Peace, is the only cost you will have for the study. You can order it here.
- I am starting a private Facebook page for all participants of the study where we will discuss the study daily.
- I do not want you to feel pressure to participate in the group, however. It will be a low key place where you can come whenever you do the study to join in the conversation…if you want to. If you don’t want to be a part of the Facebook group, that is fine with me. Doing the study is the priority. But if you would like to join me and the others in the group to discuss what we’re learning, stop on by!
- To join the group, sign up here.
I hope you will join me as we journey through Philippians 4:1-13!
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments.