When I wrote the post Burn the Candle, I promised you a list of ways I’m planning to take care of myself this week.
And last Monday came and went…and no post from me! We were ‘blessed’ with 16 inches of snow last Sunday, which blessed us with 2 snow days. Hubby even got a snow day too on Monday! It was so much fun to hang out with friends, go sledding, and enjoy some benefits of winter. But it sure ruined my routines! And that included this update. So better late then never…here’s it is.
- Light a candle every day. I’m doing well on this one. It’s easy and smells nice 😉
- Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. Breakfast…still very much a challenge.
- Drink 4 cups (32 oz) of water each day. Fail most days. I’m struggling with this one!
- Read something I enjoy for 15 minutes each day. This is a fun goal…not hard to squeeze in!
- Hit 6500 steps on my FitBit 5days this week. This is hard for me on days I work. The quiet of naptime when I watch my little kids is fun and relaxing for me (and often when I write!) but not good for getting exercise. I need to work more activity into my work days.
- Color my hair…those gray ‘sparkles’ need to go! Done!
- Tweeze/wax my eyebrows Done!
- Post to the blog on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I did pretty well…as long as it didn’t snow 😉
- Experiment with the camera lens a friend lent me. And plot a way to buy one for myself!!!
So how are you doing with your plans to take care of yourself?
Here are my plans for this week:
- Light a candle each day.
- Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner each day.
- Drink 4 cups (32 oz) of water each day.
- Read something I enjoy for at least 15 minutes each day.
- Hit 6500 steps on my FitBit 5 days this week.
- Post to the blog on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Write in my Gratitude Journal each night before bed.
Ok friends…let’s light a candle and enjoy this journey!
Kim Robb says
Thanks Melissa I have been so blessed today as I have started to read your blogs, i especially enjoyed the potato one, i enjoying short but to the point stories:)
Melissa Mulvaney says
Thank you so much Kim! I appreciate your encouragement!